In today's competitive environment, a score increase of even 1 point on the ACT can be a significant advantage. Students who complete a ZAPS ACT Seminar—and practice the tips and strategies at home—typically raise their ACT scores by 1 to 4 points.
A top score on the ACT can mean the difference between going to the school you're dreaming about and having to choose one way down your list. For some students, it can also mean hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of scholarship dollars to get you there.
There's a lot riding on the ACT—and a lot of pressure on you. Fortunately, quality test prep from ZAPS can help you achieve your highest personal score.
I was really surprised by how much I learned from
this. It was very helpful. :)
~NATALIA, WEST SHORE JUNIOR/SENIOR H.S., FL
DURING THE SEMINAR
In the 5-hour ZAPS ACT test-preparation seminar, you learn—
- The directions for each question type to save time during the test
- What to expect in the types of questions and difficulty level
- How to use partial knowledge to gain points
- Effective time management techniques
- Specific techniques, strategies, and tips for each subtest
- A plan for writing a high-scoring essay on any topic
- How to use study time most effectively in the days leading up to the test
With your ZAPS ACT seminar registration, you receive targeted student materials written specifically to accompany the seminar.
ZAPPING THE ACT Study Guide, a comprehensive resource filled with all these and more:
- The tips and strategies presented in the seminar
- Grammar review
- A five-step plan for writing a high-scoring essay
- Mathematics review
- Story problem strategies
- Detailed answer explanations for each test item in every practice-test Workout
- An individual study plan for the days leading up to the test
Four Practice-Test Workout booklets with a total of 24 workouts customized for efficient practice and convenient study.
- English (6 customized workouts)
- Math (6 customized workouts)
- Reading (6 customized workouts)
- Science (6 customized workouts)
A little anxiety can help keep you on your toes, but too much can be crippling. The ZAPS ACT seminar helps you reduce your anxiety so you can do your best on the test.
This seminar rocks! I'm ready to rock the ACT!
~CASSIDY, JOHNSTON SENIOR H.S., JOHNSTON, IA
ZAPS instructors not only know the test and how best to prepare, they like teaching high school students. You can expect your instructor to be helpful, professional, and knowledgeable.
FIND OUT MORE
Ready to get the details on a ZAPS seminar? Check our FAQ for Students page. Or send us an email to learn more.
ZAPS is perfect for preparing for the ACT.
~Skylar, Oxford H.S., AL
For a full-length practice test experience, purchase the online ZAPS ACT-Practice Test. Take the test timed or untimed, whichever you prefer. Take it timed to practice the time-management strategies you learn in the ZAPS ACT seminar. Then see your estimated ACT score. Take it untimed to thoroughly study each question and the answer explanations for both correct and incorrect answers. Your subscription lasts a full year!
Improve your vocabulary
In order to hit the highest score possible on the ACT, you need to be familiar with college-level words. With even a little practice, ZAPS can boost your vocabulary skills. Use this ZAPS Score Booster app on any web-enabled device, such as your laptop, smartphone, or tablet.